Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Woe is Me!!! The Pain, the Pain....

Okay this last week was traumatic for me....not a good one.   Bottom line--I was sick.  And it was even more traumatic because Daddy was a WRECK!!!  Daddy thinks it was the swimming pool at the dog park or that yummy (he calls it disgusting) water feature in the pot by the front door which I do oh so love very much.  Whatever it was, I got some sort of bacterial infection and my tummy was--to put it mildly--not so good.  

We went to the vet....I was very happy to see them.  Don't know why considering that they performed my cosmetic surgery there, but then the excitement was just too much....Here I am waiting for Dr. to come in...


I was all pooped out.....literally and figuratively.   Daddy was beyond himself with worry and I got whatever I wanted.  I could only eat little bits of water and food. And Daddy had to stick his fingers down my throat and give me "pills."  NOT very Princess like if I do say so.    He called them canapes but I wasn't fooled...

Well within a day of the medicine I felt oh so much better, but I was seriously liking the pampering.  So between you and moi, I faked just a little.  After all, I am a Hawaiian Princess!  Daddy let me do whatever I wanted and was ESPECIALLY giddy once I had a solid "you know what."  I've never seen him so happy!

He was so happy I was feeling better, he didn't even blink when I went into a flower pot after a rain storm and ended up looking like.....
Notice my tiny paws...I'm particularly proud of them!  I was a mess and very happy.  Of course, Daddy bathed me promptly and now I look like this...


Frankly (and I'd never tell Daddy this because his feelings will be hurt)....I like the "before" better.  I know I smelled better.

P.S.  My beloved fish water pot now has wire across the top....Darn the irony!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Princess, Dig B here, sorry to hear that you were not your bubbly little self and had to have medicine. Darn shame about the wire across the pond thing, you really need a cement horse water trough, they can't put wire across that or the horses couldn't get a drink so I still have my wonderful water. What is it with these humans that they must wash and brush my mum does the brushing thing like every day and today it has been raining and I heard her tell dad that I will need another bath, I look and feel great my brown streaks down my front add such character and the smell of lovely horse and sheep manure adds to my mystery I think. Mum has got this new thing called a pet dryer, it makes a bit of noise and it blows warm air, drys me off quite quickly. I am still getting your royal treatment with all this special food, weighed and measured and noted in book, I get to go to see our Dr Rob the vet next week. Don't know what all the fuss is about but the vets is great apparently I'm a rarity in the vet world and the new vet had never seen a puppy old english before. She wanted to know why I still had a tail, Steph doesn't and I hear that neither do you. Do females lose them?? My tail is great, I can knock over just about anything if I turn around really quick, its fabulous. My brother from Perth came on the weekend and his partners little girl taught me this great game, how to jump on the beds, it is so much fun, we played for ages then we both had a sleep on her bed, best rest I've ever had. Well better get on, we are starting swathing tonight, cutting down the canola and laying it in rows, hope you are feeling heaps better now and not worrying your family. Love to you all, Dig B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, two scallywags from the one litter, what have I created!! Dig B I think you are going to lead Matilda astray with some of your antics you get up to. You are such a country boy though. Hope all is going ok with you now? I saw your other brother, Kingsley, yesterday. He is a handsome boy as well, what a good looking bunch you are.
    Well hugs to my babies
    Aussie Mum

    ReplyDelete