Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's a Whole New World....

Oh my, oh my....I got to leave my yard today...and I had NO idea what was on the other side of the fence.  I'd seen things whizzing by and heard things as I peered through the bushes but thought they were just sounds and sites that were "out there."  I even saw many many runners as the Kauai Marathon ran right by our yard...I tried to get them to behave--running up and back to get them to listen but they just lept on going....

Oh, I digress....Today....well TODAY I was awakened!

Daddy put the bondage contraption on me....I'm kinda getting to like it...but don't ever think that I'll be into that sado-machistic stuff....I do NOT look good in black leather or latex!!! MY contraption is a lovely shade of blue with tiny white pawprints on it....I look amazingly stunning in it if I do say so myself.

Anyway, we went toward the gate, Daddy reached up and it.....opened and I could see lots of stuff....I had NO idea that that gate opened!  We crossed the street where the contraptions with rubber round things whiz by and it was all I could do not to collapse with the plethora of smells!

Cut grass, new grass, flowers, poop, more poop, dead frogs, dead god-knows-what, even MORE poop and best of all PUDDLES AND MUD everywhere!!! Bestill my beating heart... And dear readers--I even saw ANOTHER DOG!!!!  Not a very pretty one I might add--nothing like I saw in my Aussie digs---but still another creature like me....

It felt like I could go anywhere....well, I soon found out, anywhere that about 16 feet would allow me to go as then I had a rude awakening as I was jolted back.  But you get my point I'm sure.

Now I know how Princess Jasmine felt....because, of course, we Princesses do all think alike!

3 comments:

  1. Hey my Hawaiian Princess, you have been allowed out to meet your subjects, the common folk that live on the outside of the walls of your Palace. Remember be nice to them they look up to you and have been wondering for a while now what their new Princess would be like. Little did they know she would be a complete stunner with an Aussie accent. Well look how well Princess Mary has done in Denmark, just another Aussie girl made good. You will be fine just wave nicely but don't tell them to eat cake.
    Hugs from Downunder
    Aussie Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Matilda, great to see you finally got to see the big wide wonderful world. I know exactly how you feel when your Daddy puts the "collar and lead" on, I myself have a very pretty blue one also with paw prints. Yesterday I had to go back to the vets, they do so like to poke and prod, more worming and fleaing, apparently good for me. I am extremely lucky I have been carted all over the place with my mum (she can't bear to leave me at home), I even spent two weeks in Perth (not recommended) you have to stay behind bars up there, no big paddocks to run free and some very ugly dogs that get walked by. Have you been told the heal and walk commands, humans do so like us to understand these along with sit and good. The one they seem to use a lot here is no and bad boy (especially when I play with the knitting), wool is such fun, it rolls around and gets all tangled up. I still go to work three times a week and am known as the workshop pet, everyone that comes in must pat me and tell me I'm very beautiful and such a placid puppy. There doesn't seem to be another like me anywhere except on the TV. I spend a lot of time on the lead whilst walking around our small country town, everybody knows me now, the butcher is still the best place in town, he gives such awesome treats. Time for me to get organised, its a work day after all. So give my love to your family, enjoy being walked and we will talk again soon. Love Dig B.

    ReplyDelete