Sunday, July 11, 2010

Dear Aussie Mum....

I am here on Kauai....and yes it's as gorgeous as you promised...My new family, Daddy, Papa, Sophie and Eli are even nicer than you said. And gorgeous too! (Okay, maybe Dad added that last part?) I've already picked Lychee, smelled all sorts of new things (bamboo, hibiscus, plumeria, and oh heck, I've forgetten the rest). I got my dog tag (it's blue and shiny....I know why Lady was excited in "Lady and the Tramp", saw a new vet (gentle like Dr. Rob), and played, played played....

So I'm okay...very okay....but still just a little sad. I miss my Aussie brothers and sisters, my kennel caretakers and you, Dr. Rob, and the girls....And all the noise from my friends at the kennels....it's SOOO quiet here...

Thank you for your love, nurturing, and care for my first 8 weeks. I know yours were the first hands that touched me, held me, and took care of me. Daddy says without you I wouldn't be alive! You made sure I came from good stock (isn't that what they make chicken soup out of??)--whatever--Daddy says it's a good thing. I know I feel strong in side; I know I feel good.

There are only three things a Princess from Down Under really needs--food, water, and love. You provided all three until I could get to my new hulu home. How hard it must be to let me go....I know I was sad and still can see your face. I will always remember the touch and love you provided. They are imprinted on my brain.

Daddy says there are two things we give our children--roots and wings. You've provided both in a very short time. I thank you and please know that I will always be the best Old English Sheepdog in Hawaii with VERY strong Australian roots because of you.

Love and Licks....Matilda....

2 comments:

  1. Hey Matilda, it's Dig B here, from very cold Kendenup, Western Australia. I think my flight was nearly as long as yours, boy was glad to be out of that travel cage. When my new mum gets her act together she will send pictures. I have seen woolie sheep, horses a big dog that looks just like mum and this little dog called a shitzu or something like that keep in touch. Dig B (Beech)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matilda
    Well you made me cry again!! I miss all my babies very much and it is so good that you are going to keep in touch with your brothers and sisters. Trust Dig B to be the first to reply, he was always the sweetest and most caring in the litter. I knew you would love Hawaii, heck who doesn't?? One of my most favourite places on Earth and now even more special because you are there. Hopefully soon I will come over and see you. Big hugs to your Hawaiian family. Remember to insist they turn on all Rugby games the Wallabies are playing in. Lots of love Your Aussie Mum

    ReplyDelete